Friday, July 31, 2009

Share a cultural tradition

I haven't shared an important cultural tradition with someone since I've arrived in the United States. I just remember when I've been listening briefly a type of Haitian music called "rasin" with my classmates (they were from Ecuador, Mexico, and South Korea), and my teacher in my American culture class recently.

Thus, the cultural tradition I would like to share with someone is "rara". " Rara" and "rasin" belong both to the same categories of music. They're deeply anchored in the popular culture of the country , and consist in a kind of vehicle of the Haitian "folklore". Then, "vodoo",( Haitian religion), and popular culture are the dominant elements of the "rasin" music. Besides, haitian people use this kind of music to express their political, and social problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment