Thursday, August 6, 2009

Michael (Mika) Benjamin, portrait of talented and young artist.

Michael(Mika) Benjamin, portrait of a young and talented Haitian artist.

Mika belongs to the young generation. He grew up in a musical environment. Lionel Benjamin, his father, as a singer-musician, was very appreciated by the anterior generation, even actually by young in my generation who appreciate elaborated and classical music. Everyone remember the seductive Christmas' songs of Lionel Benjamin.

Thus, Mika follows his father's footsteps as slaves who aspired to freedom, "followed the Drinking Gourd". And the result is astonishing. Then, like his father again he conquers the two sides that compose the public: the old and the young generation. I consider him as a kind of transformer. If we consider the heart of his two categories of fans as a medal, we can say that he erases every negative side to obtain only positive side. So, Mika is looking at the two sides of the ledger, except both are particularly positive in his situation.

I think it's really funny when I see my mother singing Mika Christmas' and others songs. Mika has been playing in a goup of "compas" called "Krezi Mizik", until recently. The goup has just been broken up last month . I don't know actually if he will pursue a solo career. Whatever it happens, I wish good luck to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment